- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle – the famous author and doctor. His wife is currently in a coma and he is left to look after the children.
- Harry Houdini – the famous magician.
- Constable Adelaide Stratton – a local Constable on the police force.
- Inspector Merring – The main boss at the police station.
- Sergeant Gudgett – a local Sergeant and Merring’s right hand man.
- Solving strange cases often thought to be supernatural in cause.
- All of Season 1 is set in 1901.
- London, England.
- Arthur Conan Doyle is interested in the supernatural.
- Harry Houdini has devoted his live to disproving the likes of supernatural beings, mediums, etc…
- Constable Stratton is used by Inspector Merring to keep a close eye on Houdini and Doyle.
- Harry threatened Inspector Merring that he would use his celebrity status and call Scotland Yard if he didn’t let them work on the case.
- using Arthur Conan Doyle’s skills as a doctor.
- using Harry Houdini’s knowledge of illusion and deception.
- using Constable Stratton’s knowledge and power of the law.